Partner with Baseline's COVID-19 Testing Program
Help bring COVID-19 testing to those that need it most. We are working on expanding access to COVID-19 testing across the US, and are collaborating with organizations.
Interested in setting up community-based testing sites?
In supporting COVID-19 testing efforts?
In COVID-19 testing and symptom tracking to bring employees back to work?
The Baseline COVID-19 Program was developed in collaboration with the California Department of Public Health’s testing program, in adherence to the federal program.
Why work with Verily’s Project Baseline
Verily (an Alphabet company) created Project Baseline to transform clinical research and expedite the next generation of healthcare tools and services. Recently, in collaboration with state, federal, local public health authorities, and other healthcare partners, we are using Baseline tools and services to facilitate screening and testing people for COVID-19.
Join us in the partnership effort to expand access to COVID-19 screening and testing
Project Baseline is an initiative to make it easy and engaging for people to contribute to the map of human health and participate in clinical research. The Baseline platform is purpose-built for securely managing personal health information and has been in use for several years. In collaboration with the California Governor's office, federal, state, and local public health authorities, the Baseline platform is being used to facilitate screening and testing people for COVID-19.
The Baseline COVID-19 Program was established as part of California's community-based testing program under the direction of the California Department of Public Health. The Baseline COVID-19 Program is a connected and secure solution to support individuals from screening through testing and receipt of their test results, which is done under physician direction. Unlike a simple digital screener, this connected solution enables follow-up with individuals who are screened for future testing based on changes in screening criteria. This program has already screened thousands of individuals in California.
The COVID-19 program is currently operating in select states. See current locations here. The Baseline COVID-19 Program was established as part of California's community-based testing program under the direction of the California Department of Public Health and is currently collaborating with other healthcare partners to expand access to testing across the US.
Site leadership will need to provide the following:
- A physical location that can deploy testing facilities (drive-through capacity is preferred)
- Test authorization from local governing bodies
- Confirmed access to supplies (medical or site-specific)
- Site security and warehouse for supplies
- Ability to procure operational, clinical, or volunteer staff
- Ability to train staff on handling data appropriately and other operational expertise
Verily will provide the Baseline technology platform (see next question below).
For additional details, reference the COVID-19 Community Based Testing Guide.
Verily provides a range of tools and support for its partners, including:
- The Baseline technology platform
- Test screener informed by national guidelines and the California Department of Public Health
- Test scheduler
- Integration with an existing provider ordering network
- Existing lab integration
- Process for returning results
- Guidance based on Verily's experience with setup, organization, staffing, and testing protocols via the COVID-19 Community Based Testing Guide
- Training (virtual) on how to use the Baseline technology platform
- Reporting dashboard to monitor operational metrics
- The Baseline technology platform